We are looking for a Service Manager to join our team in Bangor.
DPS has an immediate vacancy for a Service Manager to join our team based in Bangor.
DPS is a complete end to end solutions provider involved in the design, build, service and maintenance of water and wastewater assets & infrastructure in the municipal, industrial (Food and Beverage/Dairy/Pharmaceutical), commercial, domestic & agri markets.
The role involves taking overall responsibility for the day to day running of our Service & Maintenance business unit which includes managing our site-based service team and our internal workshop repairs which supports all of our business units.
DPS provides predominantly Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation service support to our customers.
DPS’ Service division is expanding rapidly and this is an exciting opportunity for someone with ambition and proven track record in managing a growing service team in a similar environment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing an existing team of approx. 8 – 10 employees in the delivery of service in Northern Ireland
- Taking overall responsibility as manager for delivering service to key clients
- Support the Business Development Manager on framework tender submissions to Key clients such as Northern Ireland Water
- Implementing and developing existing DPS systems to ensure that all incoming routine & non-routine and emergency service requests are responded to and completed
- Ensure DPS service process – from initial call out through to invoicing is carried out in an efficient and timely manner
- Management of existing service and maintenance contracts in the Northern Ireland region
- Support the Business Development Manager in delivering growth and new business opportunities
- Manage day to day activities within our internal workshop repair facility in Bangor
- Procurement of replacement parts and repair services internally or using external approved suppliers & supply chain
- Management of client accounts
- Working closely with our other business units in ensuring business goals are met
- Ensuring that our ERP (IT) system is followed and that all service & repair works are delivered in compliance with our standard operating procedures
- Ensuring that Invoicing and Debt retrieval are prioritised as appropriate
- Responsible for all Health & Safety Documentation and enforcement of Safe work practices onsite during all DPS service works
- Experience in managing Mechanical & Electrical service, preferably with water or wastewater experience
- Working knowledge of pump systems and water & wastewater mechanical & electrical infrastructure would be an advantage
- Proven experience in managing a service team
- Ability to handle & Co-ordinate multiple service contracts at the same time
- Full clean driving licence
- Good work ethic
- Good team building skills
- Experience in managing office based and remote teams
- Good customer relations skills
- Good computer skills
CVs can be emailed to Gareth Wilson, Business Development Manager at email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to Team DPS!